Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Clerk of Courts' Office Makes NO Attempts to Collect Debts

by Telephone or E-Mail.

All Official Business from the Clerk of Courts' Office is Conducted via mail.  

The Clerk of Courts' offices are CLOSED on all major holidays

Jury Information
             Juror Line: 513-887-3550
  Juror Number Search
  Additional Juror Information
  Court Records


Converting to an Ohio Title
To convert another state's title when relocating to Ohio, a vehicle owner must obtain an Out-of-State Motor Vehicle Inspection and present his or her original Certificate of Title to any Clerk of Courts title office. All parties appearing as the vehicle owner(s) on the title must appear at the clerk's office unless they are represented by an authorized Power of Attorney.  

If title is held by a lienholder, forms are available at any title office.

Out-of-State Motor Vehicle Inspection
When purchasing or converting a vehicle that is titled or registered in another state, the buyer must obtain a Bill of Sale and an Out-of-State Motor Vehicle Inspection, which can be acquired from most new car dealers or any Deputy Registrar. This inspection verifies the vehicle's identification number and description.   Only used vehicles require out of state inspections. New vehicles are exempt. You will be given the completed inspection form. There is a fee of $3.50 for this inspection.  An additional $1.50 will be charged by the Clerk of Courts at the time of title issuance.

Out of state inspections are available at the following locations:

Fairfield Deputy Registrar
530 Wessel Drive, Suite L
Fairfield, Ohio 45014
(513) 829-6224    

Hamilton East Deputy Registrar
1720 South Erie Boulevard
Hamilton, Ohio 45011
(513) 868-2180

Hamilton West Deputy Registrar
138 North Brookwood Avenue
Hamilton, Ohio 45013
(513) 737-8262

Middletown Deputy Registrar
3232 Roosevelt Boulevard
Middletown, Ohio 45044
(513) 422-7225

West Chester Title Office
4872 Union Centre Pavillion Dr. 
West Chester, Ohio 45069
(513) 860-9708

Purchasing a used vehicle from out of state
If a buyer purchases a used vehicle from another state, the seller must have his or her signature notarized, if required by the seller's state of residence, and assign the title to the buyer. If the state where the vehicle was sold does not require a title, the buyer must submit the seller's registration or a notarized Bill of Sale stating the vehicle's identification number and selling price to any Clerk of Courts titling office. The buyer also must obtain an out of state motor vehicle inspection.

Requirements for Out-of-State Leasing Dealers
Out-of-state leasing dealers must register with the Department of Taxation and must apply for an Ohio Use Tax Account Number.  They are not required to have an Ohio leasing dealer's permit. To register with the Department of Taxation call 1-800-405-4089 .

When the leasing dealer leases a vehicle, they are required to:

  • Process the paperwork;
  • Collect sales tax;
  • Provide the customer with a title

When the paperwork is complete, the lessee receives a memorandum title via mail, which is used to obtain the vehicle plates and Ohio registration.  The memorandum title, and a dealer-signed power of attorney form are required to register the vehicle at the Deputy Registar's office.

If the lessee pays off the lease, the original Certificate of Title is assigned to the lessee by the lessor and a new title must be obtained in the lessee's name.